As the codebase becomes bigger this is a time to restructure and model the code the right way.
Before, it was just an unstructured unorganized mess. I delayed this as far as I could because its really boring to recode this stuff but no more.
So now we have a nice little engine class, frame buffer, proper event mechanism, input manager and other nice stuff.
Tuesday, 28 May 2013
|Text Panel Options|
I finally fixed the panel class. Pretty much rewrote the whole thing to use freetype instead SDL_TTF.
- Supports different TT fonts for each panel + size
- Gradient shading
- Images inside the panel
- Panel background textures
- Multiline support.
Posted by Gen at 11:19
Thursday, 23 May 2013
Had to rewrite how the objects are displayed on tiles. Previous system had my head spinning in circles. Tiles can now have objects. Each object can have an 'n' item spaces.
Objects on the ground can be opened or closed by pressing 'e' button or simply moving away from the object tile. Inventory items all share a common InventoryItem objects so they can be moved from back and forth.
I can finally start to write fun stuff. Like item data structures and play with item properties.
Also the working name of this project is now Infinite Dungeons. This is not the final name of the game as I'm still thinking how to name it.
Posted by Gen at 08:33
Monday, 20 May 2013
|Text Panel test|
- Implementing text using SDL, SDL_TTF and OpenGL is incredibly annoying. All those blending and alpha channel surfaces are a pain to set up right. And text panel needs more work. Text must be blended to the back surface and another image of the speaker must be on the left. But it can wait.
Posted by Gen at 10:14
Friday, 17 May 2013
|testing different resolutions|
|testing gui overlay render|
|testing object overlay render|
- Large tile environments. 4M tiles.
- Sprite animation. - Every sprite can hold different # of bitmaps.
- Collision detection.
- Object detection.
- Seamless tile transition.
Posted by Gen at 09:22